How do I find my radio security code?
- The security code is located on a card given to the original owner of the vehicle. Most keep the card with the owners manual in the glove box.
- Sometimes the security code is printed on a sticker applied to the walls of the glove compartment or written on the first page of the manual.
The 5 digit security code can be obtained by your radio's serial number. Contact Zimmerman Honda Service at 309-764-6632 or schedule a service appointment and we will obtain your security code from Honda.
How do I find my radio serial number?
- Sometimes the radio's serial number is printed on a sticker applied to the walls of the glove compartment or written on the first page of the manual.
On Honda vehicles model year 2002 or newer
- Press the power button on your Honda radio, the display should now be blank.
- With your vehicle's engine OFF, turn your key to the Accessory (I) position.
- Press and hold the "1" and "6" buttons on your Honda radio.
- While holding the "1" and "6" buttons, press the power button.
- 10 characters will appear on the display, write these down.
- Call Zimmerman Honda Service with your radio's serial number at 309-764-6632 or schedule a service appointment and we will obtain your security code from Honda.
*This method may not work with all 2002-2006 Honda radio models.
On Honda vehicles older than model year 2002
- Radio removal is required to obtain the radio's serial number.
How do I enter my radio security code?
- With the vehicle's engine off, turn the ignition key to the Accessory (I) position.
- Press the power button on the radio.
- When the radio displays "CODE" or "ENTER CODE", use the preset buttons on your radio to enter the security code.
The security code is a 5 digit pin consisting of numbers between 1 and 6. Enter the security code using your Honda radio's preset buttons. If you enter the code incorrectly after 10 tries, leave the system for one hour before trying again. Only your security code works with your Honda radio.